- Nomination process is open from February 28, 2020 to April 10, 2020
- Projects must have been completed or substantially completed between January 1 – December 31, 2019
- Previously nominated projects are not eligible to compete
Each state department of transportation may submit a total of three entries (bonus points are allotted to states that submit three different projects–one per category). The same project cannot be entered in more than one category.
Each entry must include the following:
- A completed Entry Form
- A short, 300-word description or story about the project to be used in promotional materials
- At least two testimonials from non-Department of Transportation individuals or organizations to support the story of the project and its benefits
- At least three high quality JPG (.jpg) images of the project, complete with photo captions
- A project video (either an as attachment or a Word document with a YouTube link to the video) not to exceed five minutes in duration
- Appendices presenting additional information to support the entry such as newspaper, trade publication or magazine articles
NOTE: Photographs or diagrams must be submitted separately (not embedded into a presentation) with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. It is important that these images be high quality to be used online and in marketing materials. We also also ask you provide descriptive photo captions for each photo.