On Friday, March 3, the America’s Transportation Awards competition will begin accepting nominations for the 2023 program. We’ll include a link to the nomination portal and give state departments of transportation until Friday, April 14 to submit projects.
- Nomination process is open from March 3, 2023 to April 14, 2023
- Projects must have been completed or substantially completed between January 1 – December 31, 2022
- Previously nominated projects are not eligible to compete
- Only state DOTs may enter the competition
Each state DOT may submit a total of three entries (bonus points are allotted to states that submit three different projects–one per category). The same project cannot be entered in more than one category.
Each entry must include the following:
- A completed entry form (which includes several direct questions to answer via text boxes)
- At least two testimonials from non-Department of Transportation individuals or organizations to support the story of the project and its benefits
- At least three high quality JPG (.jpg) images of the project, complete with photo captions [NOTE: please include people in photos, whether in construction or customers utilizing your projects. Empty roadways, bike paths, bridges, or other infrastructure don’t adequately highlight your projects.]
- A project video (either an as attachment or a Word document with a YouTube link to the video) not to exceed five minutes in duration
- Appendices presenting additional information to support the entry such as newspaper, trade publication or magazine articles
NOTE: Photographs or diagrams must be submitted separately (not embedded into a presentation) with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. It is important that these images be high quality to be used online and in marketing materials. We also also ask you provide descriptive photo captions for each photo. Your submission should not include creative elements (such as, photos, graphs, charts, graphics) that violate or infringe upon another person’s or company’s rights, including but not limited to copyright. If you do not own copyright to any creative element, please remove it from your submission.
Direct any questions to Maggie Kasperski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-624-3659.